Investorideas.com (www.investorideas.com) Biotechnology / Coronavirus Stock News Bites
February 26, 2020 (Investorideas.com Newswire) CAMBRIDGE, MassModerna, Inc., (Nasdaq: MRNA) a clinical stage biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients, today provided business updates and reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2019 and highlighted pipeline progress.
New updates and recent progress include:
- Two of three dose cohorts in Phase 2 CMV vaccine (mRNA-1647) dose-confirmation study completed enrollment, and third and final cohort is more than 85% enrolled; first Phase 2 interim analysis expected in the third quarter of 2020; Moderna actively preparing for pivotal Phase 3 study, expected to begin in 2021
- First clinical-grade batch of novel coronavirus vaccine (mRNA-1273) shipped and received by NIH for use in Phase 1 study in the U.S.; delivered from Company’s cGMP facility in 42 days from sequence selection
- Dosing complete for 0.6 mg/kg dose cohort with steroid premedication in the Phase 1 study of antibody against chikungunya virus (mRNA-1944); first participant dosed in additional cohort with two doses of 0.3 mg/kg (without steroid premedication) given one week apart
- First patient enrolled in Phase 1/2 MMA (mRNA-3704) study; actively recruiting patients at U.S. sites following a protocol amendment expanding the first cohort eligibility criteria to patients 8 years and older
- On February 25, 2020, the Company received notice that the underwriters had exercised their option to purchase an additional $75 million in shares of common stock in connection with the recently completed public offering. The closing of this additional sale is expected to occur on or about February 26, 2020, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
“The Moderna team continues to execute our strategy, including our CMV Phase 2 study enrolling ahead of plan, shipping the coronavirus Phase 1 clinical materials to NIH/NIAID in just 42 days, and announcing five new development candidates in the last two months,” said Stéphane Bancel, Moderna’s Chief Executive Officer. “We have up to $2 billion of capital to invest in the Company, a great team, a powerful mRNA platform and a state-of-the-art manufacturing site. I am more energized than ever about our future.”
Moderna currently has 24 mRNA development candidates in its portfolio with 12 in clinical studies. Across Moderna’s pipeline, more than 1,700 participants have been enrolled in clinical studies. The Company’s updated pipeline can be found at www.modernatx.com/pipeline. Moderna and collaborators have published more than 40 peer-reviewed papers, including 21 in 2019.
Read the company’s full news and disclaimer here:
Visit Investorideas.com biotech stock directory for a list of coronavirus related stocks
About Investorideas.com – News that Inspires Big Investing Ideas Investorideas.com is a recognized news source publishing third party news, research and original financial content. Learn about investing in stocks and sector trends with our news alerts, articles, podcasts and videos, looking at cannabis, crypto, AI and IoT, mining, sports biotech, water, renewable energy and more. Investor Idea’s original branded content includes the following podcasts and columns : Crypto Corner, Play by Play sports and stock news column, Investor Ideas Potcasts Cannabis News and Stocks on the Move podcast and column, Cleantech and Climate Change , Exploring Mining the AI Eye.
Stock Bites is a branded product of Investorideas.com Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions. This stock bites news release publication is available as a paid for service on Investorideas.com https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/Investorideas
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Investorideas
Follow us on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/Investorideas
Download our Mobile App for iPhone and Android
Get free investor news alerts
800 665 0411